Physical Facilities - Teaching Block
Physical Facilities - Hotel Block
- Proportionately the size of the built-up area will increase according to the number of students admitted.
- School and College of nursing can share laboratories, if they are in same campus under same name and under same trust, that is the institution is one but offering different nursing programmes. However they should have equipments and articles proportionate to the strength of admission. And the class rooms should be available as per the requirement stipulated by Indian Nursing Council of each programme
School of nursing should have a 120-150 bedded Parent/Affiliated Hospital for 40 annual intake in each programme:
- Distribution of beds in different areas
- Medical 30\
- Surgical 30
- Obst. & Gynaecology 30
- Pediatrics 20
- Ortho 10
- Bed Occupancy of the Hospital should be minimum 75%.
- The size of the Hospital/Nursing Home for affiliation should not be
less than 50 beds.
- Other Specialities/Facilities for clinical experience required are as
- Major OT
- Minor OT
- Eye/ENT Burns and Plastic
- Neonatology with Nursery
- Communicable disease
- Community Health Nursing
- Neurology / Neuro-surgery
- Nephrology etc.
- Affiliation of psychiatric hospital should be of minimum 30-50 beds.
- The Nursing Staffing norms in the affiliated Hospital should be as per
the INC norms.
- The affiliated Hospital should give student status to the candidates
of the nursing programme.
- Affiliated hospitals should be in the radius of 15-30 kms.
- 1:3 student patient ratio to be maintained.
If the institution is having both GNM and B.Sc(N) programme, it would
require 240 bedded parent/affiliated hospital for 40 annual intake in each
programme to maintain 1:3 student patient ratio.
Qualifications & experience of teachers of college of nursing